Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Creation of a Video Project

Creating a video project with Windows Movie Maker was definitely a learning experience, but also tons of fun. Prior to receiving this project, I would have never thought I had the knowledge or skills to make my own video--any kind of movie making program always seemed so intimidating to me. However, after walking through the program as a class, I realized that interacting with that kind of technology wasn't as difficult as I originally thought it was going to be. Taking the pictures, recording the videos, adding all of the text slides in between each picture and video--all resulted in a well-put-together product (at least I think so). A few technical issues occured during the process, but with a little outside help, and a little determination, I realized that there is almost always a way around any kind of problem you encounter with technology. Where there's a will, there's a way! Which I think was a great learning lesson for me while doing this project (and projects that we were assigned previously): using technology will not always run smoothly or work out perfectly--but that is the nature of this educational medium. And more times than not, a little bit of effort and time can always lead to a solution. All in all, by becoming more familiar with this particular technology, I feel way more prepared to enter into my own classroom and incorporate new and inventive lessons for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment