Monday, June 15, 2009

Creation of a TeacherWeb

Creating my own teacher website was both enjoyable and challenging. It was fun to explore and become more familiar with the different elements that go into making a TeacherWeb, since someday I will need to make my own and will have already had lots of prior experience! It was also fun to add my own creativity to the website, experimenting with what my own site may potentially have included when I have my own classroom. Although for the most part developing the TeacherWeb was a positive experience, it was challenging as well--the internet is not always a reliable medium! After working for hours researching different online resources to include in the "web resources" category on my website, the site crashed, along with 3 hours worth of effort and labor. Frustrating at first, it immediately dawned on me that when I someday have my own classroom, I will be faced with similar problems--and I will have to improvise! The teaching world leaves very little room for empathy and excuses, you just have to get the work done. So--after hours of doing and RE-doing portions of my website, exploring teaching resources that I hadn't before, and having learned a few important lessons about the life of a teacher, creating the TeacherWeb was a positive experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment